Your business email address is one of the most important professional tools you have. It’s often the first way for customers and potential partners to make contact with your business. Having a branded email address gives your business credibility and shows that you are serious about what you do. A branded email address also gives your business a professional look, which can help you stand out from the competition. Creating a branded email address is easy and will help you to present a more professional image and take your business to the next level. In this article, you’ll learn why you need a branded email and how to create one for your business.
What is a branded email address?
A branded email address is a professional email address that incorporates your company’s name. For example, if your company name is “Acme Widgets,” then your branded email address might be “[email protected]” or “[email protected].” A branded email address is helpful because it makes it clear who you are and what you do. It also gives your business a professional look and feel. A branded email address gives your business credibility and helps you to stand out from the competition. Having a branded email address is also a great way to build your email marketing list and communicate with your customers.
Benefits of having a branded email address
- It sets you apart from the competition: If you want your business to succeed, you need to stand out from the crowd. Having a branded email address will help you to do that and give your business a professional look.
- It gives your business credibility: When people are considering working with your business, one of the first things they may do is search for you online. Having a branded email address that matches your company name shows that you are serious about what you do.
- It makes it easy for customers to reach out to you: Having a branded email address makes it easy for customers to reach out to you with questions. Not having one can cause confusion for customers and may even result in them deciding not to do business with you.
- It gives you the opportunity to build your email list: Having a branded email address is a great way to build your email list and communicate with your customers. Having an email list is one of the best ways to grow your business and increase your revenue.
- It’s an easy way to create a consistent brand image: Having a branded email address is a great way to create a consistent brand image. It makes it clear who you are and what you do, as well as helps to brand your business and make it memorable.
How to create a branded email address
- Decide on the email address you want to use: Think about the name of your business and what you want your branding to be. Ideally, the name you want for your email address will include the name of your business. If you don’t have a name for your business yet, you may want to put your own name at the end of the email address. Once you have the name you want for your business or email, you can create your branded email address.
- Find a provider that supports email branding: Finding a provider that supports email branding is important if you want to have a branded email address. You may have to try a few different companies until you find one that supports branded email.
- Create your account and select your email address: Once you’ve found a provider that supports email branding, you can create an account and select the email address you want.
- Add your domain name to your account: If you already own a domain name, you can add it to your account and have your new branded email address go to your domain name.
How to set up branded email
- Log in to your email provider: If you use Gmail, log in to your account and navigate to “Settings” and then to “Accounts and Privacy.” If you use another provider, you will need to navigate to the Settings or Accounts section of your account.
- Find the “Email forwarding” option: In the Settings or Accounts section of your account, look for the “Email forwarding” option. If you can’t find the email forwarding option, try searching the help section or contacting your account representative.
- Click on the “Email forwarding” option: In the Email forwarding section of your account, you can either create a new forwarding rule or edit an existing rule.
- Select the email address you want to forward to: In the new forwarding rule, select the email address you want to forward to as your branded email address.
- Add a description to your forwarding rule: If you want to add a description to your forwarding rule, you can do that in the Description section.
- Click “Create rule” or “Save rule”: Once you’ve created or edited your forwarding rule, click “Create rule” or “Save rule.”
How to set up your branded email
- Choose the domain name you want: If you own your domain name, you can use it as your email address.
- Contact your domain registrar: If you don’t own your domain name, you can use your registrar to set up your branded email address.
Tips for creating a professional branded email address
- Keep it short and simple: You want to make sure that your branded email address is short and simple so that it is easy to remember. If it is too long or complex, people will have a hard time remembering it and may have a hard time reaching you.
- Keep it relevant to your business: Ideally, your branded email address should be relevant to your business. This will help you to build your brand and make it memorable.
- Avoid using “info” or “help”: “Info” and “help” are not usually the first things that you want associated with your business. Avoid using these words in your email address if you can.
How to communicate with customers through your branded email
- Include your full name and contact information: When you communicate with customers through your branded email, make sure that you include your full name and contact information. This will make it easy for customers to reach out to you and help to prevent confusion.
- Use your branded email to answer common questions: If you have a lot of common questions, you can use your branded email to answer them. For example, if you get a lot of questions about your product or service, you can use your branded email to answer those questions and make it easy for customers to get the information they need.
- Use your branded email to send newsletters and promotions: Sending out newsletters and promotions through your branded email is a great way to engage with customers and help you to grow your business.
How to use your branded email address to increase sales
- Send automated emails to people who are interested in your product or service: When someone submits their information on your website or completes an online form, you should always send them an automated email. Send them a welcome email to thank them for signing up and to welcome them to your list.
- Send automated emails when customers buy something: Another great way to use your branded email to increase sales is to send a follow-up email to customers when they buy something from your store. This is a good way to re-engage with customers and help them to remember your business.
- Send a thank you email after someone makes a purchase: When someone makes a purchase from your store, send them a thank you email. This email can also be a good place to offer any after sale promotions or deals that you might have.
How to protect your branded email address
- Make sure you have strong authentication and two-factor authentication: Make sure that you have strong authentication and two-factor authentication. This will make it more difficult for hackers to break into your account and change your email forwarding settings.
- Be careful who you share your login information with: Be careful who you share your login information with. If you share your login information with someone or share a computer with other people, make sure to log out of your account when you are done.
- Make sure you have strong passwords: Passwords are incredibly important, especially when it comes to your email account. Make sure to have strong passwords and change them often to keep them as secure as possible.