How to Start an e-Commerce Business from Scratch
2020 is going to be the year you should learn how to start an eCommerce business from scratch.
This guide will give you a roadmap to how to start an eCommerce business from scratch. Shopping online used to be a convenience and a luxury, now – it’s a necessity. It’s estimated that in 2020 there will be 2.05 billion global digital buyers.
We go step-by-step through the entire process to set up an eCommerce business and make everything as simple as possible.
1. Research eCommerce Business Models
Beginning your research is the first critical step. Don’t operate off of a hunch. Before you can decide on what to sell online, you need to understand the different business models available.
It’s not rocket science, but it does impact your business structure.
The eCommerce business model that attracts me the most is a single product category. You can control the content marketing and branding on a focused product and focus the rest of your energy on driving sales by monetizing traffic.
2. Ecommerce business tools
Here are some of the tools that can be of great help in starting an eCommerce business from scratch.
- GenieoWeb take care of all the web design hassle for you and provide you with the best service at an affordable price. It is the most efficient tool that can help you to start an ecommerce business from scratch.
- LiveChat is an online customer service software with online chat and help desk software.
- Google Analytics is the most preferred way to track most of the data on your e-commerce site. It will allow you to collect data to view which traffic sources have been most beneficial or profitable.
3. Research e-Commerce Niche
e-Commerce sites should have a real focus.
You have to research ecommerce niche down to run a profitable eCommerce store.
- Make sure that the area is competitive
- Don’t pick an overly crowded niche, however
- Skip anything dominated by major brands
4. Validate Target Market
Now that you’ve identified a niche and business model, you might be tempted to start hunting for products to sell.
But, Before you think about product ideas, think about personas. You can’t expect people to buy your product if you don’t know who you’re selling to. Before you invest in the product, you evaluate it carefully. This can be of great help to build an online shop.
5. Register Your e-Commerce Business
If you want to start a successful ecommerce business from scratch, you need a brand that connects with your persona. Identifying your persona makes building an eCommerce brand easy for you. These are the steps you need to follow to build an online shop:
- Register Your Business.
- Pick Your Store’s Name
- Get Your Business Licenses
- Get Your Employer Identification Number
- Find The Right Vendors
- Logo Creation
- Get Visual
6. Create Your Online Store
Once you’ve legally registered your business and started thinking about design, you need to register your domain name and any redirect URLs that might be relevant.
There’s nothing more rewarding starting an online business from scratch and watching it grow. You build your website and no one can take it from you.
7. Drive Traffic To Your e-Commerce Store
Apologies to any Field of Dreams fans, but if you build it there’s no guarantee that crowd will come . You need to market your store.
You need to focus on marketing strategies like
- Content marketing
- SEO optimization
- Social media strategy
- Video strategy
To sell products, you have to think beyond your site and look for expansion areas.For all the website related assistance GenieoWeb is all you need.If you’ve got the elbow grease and time, you could launch a profitable online store from scratch.