5 Tips for Creating Content for Your Website
To say the Internet is a crowded space is like saying there are a lot of stars in the sky, sand in the desert, or atoms in a cell. We are living in 2020 where digital media is impacting every part of our life. According to Live Stats, there are more than 1.9 billion websites in existence, more than 3.5 billion Google searches every day, and around 350,000 tweets sent every minute
Capturing readers’ attention in this exploding digital universe can be immensely challenging. A study from the analytics service Chart beat found that 55 percent of visitors spend 15 seconds or fewer on a webpage. Unique content creation is the key to beating these statistics. Well-written content that’s optimized for the web rises to the top of search results, enhances your online presence, expands business online, and increases your marketing leads in both quantity and quality.
Here are some tactics that can help you to create unique content for your website and help you get more leads from your website.
1. Start by Creating Original, Unique Stories
We’ve all heard the phrase “there’s nothing new under the sun” which means that everything repeat itself. However, when it comes to writing content, one of the things that make your content stand out from the crowd is your unique content. Always remember that ‘ content is the king’. It may be a bit challenging to continue to write great original content so here are a few tips you can consider :
- Plug into your industry
- Interact with your target audience through surveys, social media platforms, etc
2. Content Creation Tools
Here are some of the tools that can be of great help while creating unique content:
- Canva: It is truly a magnificent image creation tool. You can select your image type from many different options or choose a custom size.
- Google Alerts Writing great content starts with great ideas. Google Alerts can help you generate engaging topics based on trending stories.
- Grammarly: Once you install Grammarly, this writing app will work across your app. Grammarly goes in-depth, even checking for consistent tone and passive voice.
3. Add Relevant Visual Content to Your Site
- Adding relevant visual content to your site is the best way to show originality.
- Visual content is one way to better tell your story.
- Visual aids can help people learn and retain information.
Use of diagrams, pictures, infographics, and other visuals that can tremendously help illustrate the point that you were trying to bring across further help you to create a trendy website.
4. Know your audience
It sounds simple, but so many writers put pen to paper—or finger to keyboard—before thinking about whom they’re trying to reach. Before drafting content, ask yourself a few questions:
- Who is my primary audience?
- What about a secondary audience who can influence my primary audience?
Audiences find web content through many different paths—social media sharing, links from other websites, email sharing, and search engine results.
The text could be extremely well-written and informative, but if it’s not optimized for search engines, chances are few people will find it. Think of your audience again: what search terms would they type into Google? Make sure to include those terms in headlines and subheads so you can emerge as a global site.
5. Follow the “inverted pyramid” model
Web readers have short attention spans—they’ll decide whether your site has information in seconds. Structure your content like an upside-down pyramid or cone, this is the soul of content creation. The most important messages must go at the top of the page. Then, gradually drill down to supporting information. End with tangential details. This will help you in quality content creation and promoting your brand.
6. Share precise information
Visitors usually search very specifically and become frustrated if they are forced to sift through a lot of information to find what they are looking for. If you have a very broad topic, consider breaking your content down and introducing one topic per paragraph so your readers can find specific information quite easily. You can also add links within your page content to related topics on other pages of your site rather than trying to include all of your information on one single page.
The better content creation is, the more effective you’ll be at reaching your audience. Always ensure that whatever it is that you’re conveying is insightful, engaging, unique, and adds a tremendous amount of value. To start, work, and plan your content to increase your brand value.
Bonus tip: We at GenieoWeb assure you we will be your support system in this new phase of online business. We will create a unique content for your website as unique as your business. All you need to do is register with us.